WELCOME

Rock Solid Fitness Strives to be an affordable alternative to personal training. For all ages & fitness levels, fun & packed
with tons of variety.

This blog has been developed as a value-added service to Rock Solid supporters. Its primary purpose is to provide
regular updates and training tips to support you in your journey to good health and fitness.

Questions? Comments? I'd love to hear from you.

Contact me at:
carrie@rocksolidfitness.ca

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Twisted Yogurt - A Guilt Free Treat!!!



I had never heard of Twisted Yogurt until this summer when it opened in my neighbourhood. The idea is you get to create your own master piece first by choosing one of eight non-fat frozen yogurt treats and then adding as many as 50 toppings to your bowl. This place has quickly become our family favourite! It's delicious and the kids love creating their own delicious desserts.

I really got excited when I found out it is also better for you than the ice cream from Dairy Queen across the street. Or it can be if you stick to the healthier fresh fruit toppings. Below I've done a comparison for a half cup serving with no toppings or cone.

Twisted Yogurt
100 calories
0 grams of fat
13 grams of sugar
5 grams of protein

Dairy Queen
140 calories
4.5 grams of fat
19 grams of sugar
3 grams of protein

If you haven't checked it out you should! Click here for locations near you. My favourite flavour is Purple Cow. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment