WELCOME

Rock Solid Fitness Strives to be an affordable alternative to personal training. For all ages & fitness levels, fun & packed
with tons of variety.

This blog has been developed as a value-added service to Rock Solid supporters. Its primary purpose is to provide
regular updates and training tips to support you in your journey to good health and fitness.

Questions? Comments? I'd love to hear from you.

Contact me at:
carrie@rocksolidfitness.ca

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Eat Breakfast to Lose Weight!



Most nutritionists agree that eating early in the day improves your metabolic rate, controls hunger later in the day and provides you with sustained energy. Research suggests that people who eat a healthy breakfast everyday are more successful at losing weight and keeping it off for the long-term. An ideal breakfast includes a mix of protein and complex carbohydrates.

If you're like me, mornings are insanely busy. I don't have the time to make myself some eggs and whole grain toast everyday. My breakfast regularly consists of an Isagenix whey protein shake that I can mix up in my Magic Bullet in about 30 seconds. When I have time to treat myself, my first choice is for a half portion of the "Ultimate Power Breakfast" (see the recipe below, reposted from January, 2011).

The Ultimate Power Breakfast
(Men's Fitness - Abs Training Guide)

What you need:
1 egg
1 cup of 1 percent milk
3/4 cup of plain instant oatmeal
1/2 cup mixed berries
1 tbsp chopped pecans or almonds
1 tsp vanilla whey-protein powder
1 tsp ground flaxseed
1/2 banana sliced
1 tbsp plain yogurt

How to Make it:
Whisk everything together but the banana and yogurt in a microwavable bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes or until set. Let cool for a minute or two. Top with banana and yogurt. Makes 1 serving...share it with a friend or make a half recipe for a lighter meal.

PER SERVING: 570 calories, 29 g protein, 80 g carbohydrates (11 g fiber), 18 g fat, 200 mg sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment