WELCOME

Rock Solid Fitness Strives to be an affordable alternative to personal training. For all ages & fitness levels, fun & packed
with tons of variety.

This blog has been developed as a value-added service to Rock Solid supporters. Its primary purpose is to provide
regular updates and training tips to support you in your journey to good health and fitness.

Questions? Comments? I'd love to hear from you.

Contact me at:
carrie@rocksolidfitness.ca

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Movie Theatre Popcorn Exposed!


I went to the movies today and, like always, all I could think about was getting my hands on a BIG bag of popcorn. Well, like some of you, I need to think again. A big bag is as many calories as consuming 3 Big Macs at McDonald's. According to an article recently published in the Edmonton Journal, theatre chains in the United States are fighting a requirement, coming out this month, to publish how many calories are in the concession items they sell. Apparently in a large bag of popcorn (without the butter) you will find between 1,200 and 1,500 calories. That's about 3/4 of my entire calorie count for the day. If you have to have it, join me in buying a small bag with no extra toppings and share it with a friend. At Cineplex that will run me under 300 calories, something that won't blow my calorie budget for the day. Studies show that 80% of the pleasure is found in your first few bites.

By the way, we saw Beastly ... great story! Click on "Beastly" to see the preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment